Thursday, July 19, 2012

Self Realization

Yesterday was one of those days that the list grew as the time flew. It seems that the older I get the days get shorter and my list gets longer, but I make the list and todays list will be shorter. I am always trying to fit just one more thing into a schedule that is already bulging at the seams. Now really, life is not a race to see who can get the most things done so why am I am competing with myself. That is pretty scary. Another thing about me is taking it on myself to make things go easier for others. This is really controlling and is not appreciated. Well today I am going to sing everytime I feel the urge to "fix it" for another person. If you happen to see someone singing today maybe they are trying to let go of their urge to control everything and everyone around them. (or maybe they are just happy) So l am going to attempt to follow the example of Victoria in my latest book "House of Changing Tides" and let go and let God. Writing and reading this little book still helps me daily to deal with the negatives that creep around my head and try to crawl into my thinking. Realizing I am not in charge and to stop the controlling takes a lot of effort and is a moment by moment decision. Another words I need to stay out of the other person's boat and float my own boat. If I keep this controlling thing up, on the pretense of helping we both might sink. For those of you who have read "House of Changing Tides" I would love to hear if it brought any realizations into your way of thinking and living your life. This little book is an easy read and useful to send instead of a card to those special people in your life. Available at gingerleebull.com; amazon.com; barnsandnoble.com; or ask for it at your favorite book store. Breath deep, sing loud and be happy. This picture of my husband Ted and me was taken at our 50th class reunion. Ginger Lee Bull

No comments:

Post a Comment