Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Catch the Moment before it's Gone

Tonight I spent some special moments with my sweet Mama. She's 90 years old and still misses my Daddy who has been gone almost 6 years. She looks at his picture and tells me how much she misses him. They married when they were 19 and were a team that worked and played together. My Daddy loved to fish so Mama took up the sport and soon could out fish him. They were always competing. Mama cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Daddy's favorite breakfast was biscuits, gravy, eggs and sausage. Mama made everything from scratch and it was wonderful. When I was a little girl Mama and I would put a quilt on the lawn, look at the clouds and imagine what each cloud looked like. She taught me to use my imagination. We didn't have much money, but Mama could look at a dress and sew one for me that looked just like it. She and Daddy were hard workers, but they also took time to enjoy each other and their friends. My Mama is still very competive and loves to play table games and when she wins, which is most of the time, she looks up with those twinkling blue eyes and gives a big smile. So tonight as Mama and I talked, it reminded me to catch the moment before it is gone. I hope you tell those you love, in words and deeds, just how much they mean to you while time is on your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment