Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Writing a novel Going Through the Steps

Having an idea that begins with a picture in your mind, then to create that picture on paper with words can be a challenge yet rewarding.  Sometimes the story becomes a living being that just takes off as your fingers try to keep up with the thoughts that are flying through your mind.  That is how it has been with me so far.  When I begin writing, I may look up at the clock and 4 hours have passed and it only seems like minutes.  When I was writing and illustrating my children's books, the process was much different.  I had a story line and the message  which were all transferred onto paper with words and pictures.  As I created my watercolor stories it was a labor of joy.  I have now three published books that can be found at gingerladybug.com

I have taken a break from children's books and entered a new learning experience. Now as I am creating a novel, my ability to transmit my thoughts through painting has to be translated into colorful words of discription that draws the reader into my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment