Monday, February 13, 2012

Night

As the shadows of evening spread across our town, the whistle of a slow moving freight train whails as it passes through in the night.  There is something very peaceful about the sounds of night.  The ticking of the clock becomes louder as there is no competing sounds to be heard.  I think that this is what night should be, no competition, a time to let down and relax.  The shadows around me are safe and non-intrusive, like a soft blanket inviting me into a peaceful sleep where my mind can rest.  I thank you Heavenly Father for this day you have given me and look forward to the reappearing of my savior Jesus Christ when joy and rest beyond all human understanding will be mine and all those that follow Him, forever and ever.  These things and lovely and pure.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment